To successfully complete and receive the approved 20 contact hours for the Lamaze Seminar, the following activities are required:
- Complete readings, and assignments prior to your scheduled seminar.
- Strongly recommended to start your self-study with the Lamaze Learning Guide. The Lamaze Learning Guide is separate from seminar registration. It can be ordered directly from the Lamaze website.
- Present a 5-minute teaching demonstration (individually or as part of a small group) on the topic assigned by the Program Director during seminar.
- Attend and fully participate in the two-day classroom training.
To register for a seminar, complete this form and the Program Director will contact you.
To enhance your childbirth education training, the following activities are strongly recommended:
- Observe a childbirth educator teach a complete class series prior to your scheduled Lamaze Childbirth Educator seminar or immediately after.
- Using the sample curriculum provided in seminar, develop your personal childbirth education class curriculum.
- After you have developed your personal childbirth education curriculum, begin teaching as soon as possible. Options for getting some teaching experience: Ask a Lamaze educator if you can co-teach a class with her. Ask friends or family members who are expecting to participate in a small group class to practice teaching. If you will be teaching for your organization, set up your classes as soon as you can get clients registered.